Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Insider Secret #1 Of Professional Fine Art Landscape Photography Revealed

About a twelvemonth ago I had a professional photographer friend over for dinner. That nighttime I showed him some of my photos and asked him for his input. What he shared with me that nighttime ended up taking my picture taking to a whole new level, and I would now like to share that wisdom with you.

Key #1 - Learn how to properly and creatively harvest your photographs.

For decades, the criterion exposure sizes have got been 3 x 5, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, 11 x 14, 16 x 20, etc. Inch the old days, you would take your negatives to a store and take which sizes you wanted. You had the pick of assorted sizes, but you never really had the pick to change the dimensions and proportionalities of the sizes. In other words, if you had a nice broad landscape, you could not harvest out some of the top and underside and acquire a black and white with an unconventional size such as as 14 x 5. The point here is this: those old traditional sizes and proportionalities have got been limiting your creativeness of look as an originative person and photographer.

It is clip for you to begin cropping your photos differently and in such as a manner as to maximise your creative look of the scenes in your photographs. For example, when my friend looked at one of my photographs of a beautiful seaport in Maine, he suggested that I harvest out a batch of the somewhat deadening sky, as well as some of the uninteresting foreground. He taught me that these countries are often wasted space because they incorporate elements that are uninteresting and that make not add to the overall composition of the photograph. He was right!

That very nighttime after my friend left, I jumped on my laptop computer and started immediately re-cropping somes batch of my nature landscapes. I could not believe what a lurid difference it made. What had been a good exposure suddenly became a great exposure because the kinetics of the composition had changed to be more than artistic and creative. Now, a twelvemonth later, I automatically harvest all of my photos in this more than free and originative way, and I have got got never looked back at the traditional dimensions and proportions.

One challenge I have had to larn to defeat have to make with framing my newly cropped photographs. As you can imagine, the criterion pre-made frameworks make not fit the dimensions of my originative photographs. I have got got establish two solutions to this problem.

The first solution is to simply have usage mats and frameworks made to fit the dimensions of my creatively cropped photographs. This is quite a spot more expensive than using the old criterion sized pre-made frames, but it is deserving it when you have got a great photograph.

The 2nd solution is to make an electronic mat in Adobe Photoshop that tantrums the criterion dimensions. In other words, if your mental image is 12 x 6, then you can make a 14 x 11 mat by adding one inch to the top and underside and 2.5 ins to the left and right sides.

I promote you to begin cropping your photos from now on from an artistic and originative perspective, rather than staying confined to the restrictions of the traditional dimensions. If you would wish to see some illustrations of originative artistic cropping, you can see my inspirational picture taking website below. The nexus is provided below in the writer resource box.

This article is the first of respective on the subject of insider secrets of professional mulct fine art landscape photography. Insider secrets #2 will be coming out next, so look for it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home